TIS’ THE SEASON for family gatherings, holiday events, gift-giving, cozy couch snuggles, extra coffee + warm meals shared together. It’s one of my favorite times of year and although it can get busy, I hope you find time to slow down, to reflect with gratitude on this past year and pray for the Lord’s provision in 2023. If you find yourself saying “I just need to make it through this week,” let that be a reminder that it’s okay to say no to the hustle and bustle, it’s okay to have lazy days with your kids, it’s okay to slow down bake cookies, fresh bread + watch Christmas movies all day.
But if you do find yourself wanting to get out and enjoy the festivities in the Golden Isles, below is a round-up of fun Holiday Events!
Holiday Events In The Golden Isles
Glynn County Holiday Events
12 Days Of Christmas Light Displays @ Jekyll Island – 6pm-12am Daily through 1/8
Peppermint Land Mini Golf @ Jekyll Island Mini Golf – Daily through 1/2
Santa Mailbox on Main @ Jekyll Island – Daily through 12/24
Silents Disco @ Reid’s Apothecary – Fri, 12/9, 9pm
Breakfast w/ The Grinch @ Jekyll Island Club Resort – Sat, 12/10, 9am-11am
Winter Wonderland @ North Glynn Sports Complex – Sat, 12/10, 10am-12pm
Holly Jolly Jekyll Light Parade @ Great Dunes Beach – Sat, 12/10, 7pm
Christmas Lightshow @ Newcastle St – Fridays + Saturdays, 7pm + 9pm
Teddy Bear Tea @ The King and Prince – Sun, 12/11, 11:30am
Camden County Holiday Events
Christmas on The Farm @ Incacheetoo Plantation – Saturdays 11am-7pm + Sundays 1pm-6pm
Santa Lighted Boat Parade @ St. Marys Waterfront Park – Sun, 12/11, 6pm
Christmas Movie Night @ Chick-Fil-A – Sat, 12/10, 6pm
Miracle at the North Pole @ St. Marys Little Theatre – Sat, 12/10, 6pm
Check back each week as I edit for the upcoming weekend!
FREEBIE: December Home Maintenance Checklist
Prep for winter with these 5 December home maintenance tips:
- Inspect attic insulation. If it’s level with or below your joists, you may need to add more.
- Clean your chimney and fireplace. If you have gas logs, compressed air clears away dust and soot.
- Check for drafts around exterior doors and replace weatherstripping or use a physical barrier if needed.
- Put a few indoor and outdoor lights on timers. Added security and one less thing you have to remember.
- Consider a security or doorbell camera. The holidays are rife with porch pirates. Plus, you can usually score a good deal this time of year.
What’s on your home to-do list this December? Drop how you like to winterize your home in the comments below.