Here you’ll find a variety of homestead blog posts about all things homesteading. For my family and me, homesteading is living slowly and intentionally, connecting to the land as the Lord intended, raising free-range kids and moving towards a more sustainable and self-sufficient way of living.
Homestead Topics I Share
- Gardening: As we build and grow our garden, we share topics like composting, planting techniques and harvesting.
- Animal husbandry: Raising and caring for livestock – we currently have chickens and ducks!
- Cooking from scratch + food preservation: Healthy recipes + methods for preserving food – currently learning to water bath can and ferment.
- Self-sufficiency: Learning skills and techniques to be self-sufficient, such as foraging, repurposing, growing and raising food, etc.
- Permaculture: Implementing sustainable systems that work together and mimic natural ecosystems.
- Herbal remedies: Growing and using medicinal plants for optimal health and wellness.
How To Plant Seed Tape for Beginner Gardeners – Burpee Gardening
How To Plant Seed Tape
5 Reasons to Plant NASTURTIUMS In Your Spring Garden
What Are Nasturtiums? Nasturtiums are vibrant, easy-to-grow, edible flowers which makes them the perfect addition to your spring and summer garden. Nasturtiums grow well in containers, raised beds or even planted into the ground as a cover crop. This plant is often used as a trap crop, attracting aphids which can be detrimental to vegetable…
Building Our HOMESTEAD in Georgia | Grace Grown Farm
Here is the start to building our homestead in Georgia. In December of 2021, we sold most of our things to buy a tiny 660-square-foot house on 14 acres in Camden County, Georgia. Our goals with the homestead include; COMPOSTING, RAISING CHICKENS, GARDENING, SOURDOUGH and so much more. We want to grow our own food,…
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means I may receive a small commisson—at no extra cost to you—from any sales made through these links. I only recommend products that I personally use and love!