Here you’ll find a variety of homestead blog posts about all things homesteading. For my family and me, homesteading is living slowly and intentionally, connecting to the land as the Lord intended, raising free-range kids and moving towards a more sustainable and self-sufficient way of living.
Homestead Topics I Share
- Gardening: As we build and grow our garden, we share topics like composting, planting techniques and harvesting.
- Animal husbandry: Raising and caring for livestock – we currently have chickens and ducks!
- Cooking from scratch + food preservation: Healthy recipes + methods for preserving food – currently learning to water bath can and ferment.
- Self-sufficiency: Learning skills and techniques to be self-sufficient, such as foraging, repurposing, growing and raising food, etc.
- Permaculture: Implementing sustainable systems that work together and mimic natural ecosystems.
- Herbal remedies: Growing and using medicinal plants for optimal health and wellness.