HAPPY HOME TREND TUESDAY! Let’s talk home office inspo…
Whether you work full-time at home or hustle a side business in the evenings or on the weekends, a home office is a great way to utilize an extra room. A dedicated workspace in your home can be designed to increased productivity and comfort. Here are 5 ideas to get you started, PLUS home office decor inspo with shoppable links! We recently converted our upstairs guestroom into my office space and while it’s still a multi-purpose room (Char calls it mommy’s special room), it is the place I go to work when I really need to focus. Tbh, I work all over the place… the couch, the kitchen table, outside, my bed, char’s floor, my office (special room), my car (yes, realtors – I’m looking at you), and of course Wake Up Coffee.
5 Tips + Trends for Your Home Office
- Invest in a good office chair. Investing in an ergonomic office chair is essential. You may be spending anywhere from 30 to 50 hours a week sitting in it, so your back will thank you. Purchasing one with multiple adjustments is ideal so it fits you just right. (I’m obsessed with mine that’s linked below – the comfort and pop of color is just what I wanted!)
- Switch up your lighting. Fluorescent lighting has been proven to be hard on the eyes. Make the switch to LED or halogen light bulbs in your home office and try to let in as much natural light as possible. Also, consider finding a desk lamp to reduce headaches and eye strain. (I never use my overhead light – windows open so my plants can grow + a lamp!)
- Keep essentials in reach and organized. Nothing says producitivity like a clean, neat workspace. Select a desk with a lot of storage or install creative shelving to keep items like pens, pencils, extra batteries, calculators, notepads, and more stored within arm’s reach. (I like a minimalistic desk with a cute storage basket system, like the one I have linked below – it’s both decorative and purposeful!)
- Decorate bright. Pick a color you love and use it to spice up the room. Use cheery yellow or red or relaxing tones like green and blue, instead of just beiges and browns. ( I am very much a neutral style gal.. I like white, black, grey and tan then pick one or two vibrant colors – for here, I chose mustard and blue hues.)
- Aim for the view. If possible, place your desk so you are facing a window instead of a blank wall. Natural light can do wonders for staying alert and you can give yourself a short mental break when necessary by looking to the outdoors.
Now that you’ve got some of the basic ideas down, let’s get to the fun stuff…. DECORATING!
Most items are from World Market and Target, but to shop the direct links click here, or click directly onto the photo!
If you’re in the process of buying a home, now is the time to think about re-decorating. It’s much easier to switch up your space when you’re starting from scratch… out with the old and in with the new!
Disclaimer–some links may be affiliate links from which I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you!
Thanks for stopping by and happy decorating! If you have any questions or need help in your home buying or selling process, don’t hesitate to reach out!