I have been wanting to make Black Bean Brownies for a while now and finally decided to do it, and the best part was, I had all the ingredients already in my pantry, so I bet you do too. So go ahead and hit the pin button on the graphic below to save this post because you don’t want to lose this easy, flour-less, healthier brownie recipe! 🙂
This recipe is adapted from Katie over at Chocolate Covered Katie… head over to her blog and check out all the yummy treats she has!
So the trick with these yummy, ooey + gooey brownies is to serve them first, then revel the secret ingredient of black beans. I can pretty much guarantee no one will even notice until you tell them!
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 2 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Really blend well.
Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
Optional: I sprinkled extra chocolate chips and chopped walnuts on top.
Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes (I did 17), then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut.
Recipe yields 9-12 brownies!
2 notes from Katie, the recipe developer:
- A blender can work in place of a food processor if you absolutely must, but the texture—and even the taste—will be much better in a food processor.
- If they still look a bit undercooked after letting them cool, you can place them in the fridge overnight and they will magically firm up!
I hope you all enjoy these yummy and guilt-free brownies! And trust me, you’ll be hooked on this healthier option… I know my family is! Oh and PS, they are toddler approved.
Don’t forget to tag me when you try these, @figs.and.freedom…even though I did not create this recipe, I still love seeing you guys try what I find + share!