In just 2 short days I will be in my first training weekend for my RYT-200 certification in Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga + I am so excited to share this new journey with you guys!
During this 200hr training I will learn the following:
- Anatomy and physiology foundations as they relate to practice and teaching
- Traditional yoga philosophy
- Alignment, modifications + adaptations
- Meditation teaching
- Sequencing + essential language
- Hands on assisting
- I intend to grow my personal yoga practice from a mind, body + spiritual aspect. I want to connect more deeply with the poses–not just take them at physical value, but really strengthen my mind to push past any barriers or limitations I’ve set for myself.
- I want to focus on my drishti, which means gaze, on and off the mat. From the Journey Into Power book, Baron Baptist’s says “Part of drishti is samadhi, which is neutral vision. Neutral vision means to see without judgement, without ego, without impatience. It is to see through a clear lens, rather than viewing your experience through the rear view mirror of your past perceptions.”
- Flexibility–this is something I will have to work at daily for my entire yoga life. I would love to take pictures of my poses BEFORE my training and AFTER.
- Flow–I cannot wait to learn all the poses and how to put them together so that way I can experiment in my own practice with fun flows🧘🏻♀️
- The Lingo–I will make flash cards to learn them all, but eventually I won’t have to glance at my neighbor when the instructor says “CHATURANGA DANDASANA” because I will know that she means low push up 🤣
It only feels right to end this post with namaste 🙏🏼